Christmas is such a magical time, it gives a loving filter to the world, turning everything warm with a christmassy glow. This is the time when families get together to celebrate, sing, eat, drink, play and watch movies together! Is there a better plan then spending some quality time watching Christmas movies with your loved ones?! Even though Christmas movies trend but once a year, they play a huge part within the cinema industry. With likes of ‘Home Alone’ and ‘How The Grinch Stole Christmas’ grossing $476.7 million and $345.14 million respectively worldwide you can see why. So let’s get to know the best christmas movies of all time!
It’s a Jolly Holiday
Regardless of whether you’ve eaten too much during your Christmas dinner or because you’re avoiding the boring conversations with certain members of your family. The accurate reality is that the sofa is the best place to be just in time for when the Christmas movies come back around, by popular demand during December.
Now the real debate is whether there is actually a single best movie or not! Therefore, to be on the safe side of this discussion, let us go ahead and provide you with a list of our all time favourite Christmas movies.
With the luxury of having so many streaming platforms at your fingertips these days, we thought you’d appreciate a chronological time line of the best Christmas movies. Obviously these movies could have been categorised for kids or for adults but we have opted to list them all as one instead. After all the greatest Christmas movies are the ones you can all watch cozily together.
- Home Alone (1990) – Most likely to be part of everyone’s Christmas tradition already, but it is time to leave Kevin home alone again!
- You’ve Got Mail (1998) – A lovely romence story during Christmas time, what else could you ask for?
- How the Grinch Stole Christmas (2000) – Specially to annoy our real life “grumpy Grinches”.
- Harry Potter and the Philosophal stone (2001) – Because there’s always a good excuse to start watching the whole Harry Potter movies once again!
- Elf (2003) – Buddy the Elf, it’s pure joy and laughter, a all time favourite within families!
- The Polar Express (2004) – An amazing journey to the Pole North to meet Santa Claus, who’s just a train ride away!
- The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe (2005) – A Lion, a which and a magical wardrobe to a white kingdown where there’s winter but never Christmas… Until the children arrive and with them so it does the Christmas spirit.
- Carol (2015) – It’s Christmas in the 50’s. Carol has already become a Christmas classic, especially forward-thinking families.
- The Christmas chronicles (2018) – Santa exists and his world is much more jolly than we could have ever imagined!
- The Grinch (2018) – The Grinch is back and so it’s our will to watch this new version of our beloved Grinch story.
- The Nutcracker and the Four Realms (2018) – Different yet lovely nutcracker version, coated with lots of magic, love, fantasy and a very special key.
- Last Christmas (2019) – Who says elfs can’t fall in love? Even when everything seems to be going wrong, there’s always a silver lining to look up to.
- Noelle (2019) – Here’s something you didn’t know: Santa is a lady! And if you think the red suit it’s too big, don’t worry she will be confortable inside those boots till the suit fits her just right.
To conclude, with all the festive movies showing this Christmas there is no excuse but to have a Merry one! It is time to get the popcorn ready, sit comfortably in from of the TV and press play. Afterall, it is only Christmas once a year! Make the most of it!!!
Private Punting CambridgeFrom: £50.00
Chauffeured Punting CambridgeFrom: £5.00
Distanced Shared Punting TourFrom: £30.00
Punting Gift Voucher£99.00–£119.00
Hen Party Punting CambridgeFrom: £79.00
Punting for large groups
Corporate Event Punting
May Ball Fireworks Private Punt Tour£275.00
May Ball Firework PuntingFrom: £30.00
Evening Punting CambridgeFrom: £79.00
Romantic Punting for Two CambridgeFrom: £79.00
Winter Punting CambridgeFrom: £79.00
Mother’s Day Punting£99.00
Valentines Day PuntingFrom: £79.00