In light of recent events, it was inevitable that things would have to change, and punting in Cambridge was not an exception to this. From fitted perspex screen, to adopting new methods to prevent the spread of the virus, we as a company have taken the time to make sure both safety and customer experience was our top priority. Our new way of operating will ensure that punting will continue to be a safe outdoor activity for everyone.
If you want to hear more about what we’ve put in place to safely reopen, check out our COVID-19 comeback blog post to find out what is the new ‘normal’ for Punting in Cambridge. Alternatively you can read through our COVID-19 Frequently Asked Question page to answer any questions you may have about punting this summer.
The summer 2020 punting experience is slightly different than before. Check out our new video below to see what punting in Cambridge looks like this year. From how to check-in, to sitting onboard and gliding along the River Cam on a chauffeured punt tour, it shows you how easy and enjoyable punting can be. We have also included a step by step list, so you won’t miss a thing!
Cambridge Punting Summer 2020 Guide
What to do on the day of your chauffeured punt tour.
1. Make your way to Jesus Green. If you’re struggling to find your way, take a look at our ‘find us’ page for all the details on how to get to us. Whether you’re arriving by train, bus or taxi, or just need help locating the ideal parking, then we have it all explained on there.
2. Ten minutes before your scheduled departure time, socially distance yourselves from others on Jesus Green near the Tennis Courts.
3. Five minutes before your departure time we will send you a text message stating we are ready for you. This will act as your ticket to hop onboard.
4. Walk towards our cashier. Showing him/her your text message so they can confirm it on our system.
5. Proceed to meet your chauffeur for a safety briefing before your tour starts.
6. If you would like to like to instead listen to our punting audio tour our chauffeur will provide you with a the code to unlock the audio tour for free. Find out more about our Cambridge Tours App here.
6. Follow your chauffeur to the landing stage so you can board your designated punt.
7. Await instructions to board safely.
8. If you are using the audio tour, set up the app and plug yourselves in.
9. And most importantly, enjoy your Punting tour with us.
We hope this blog has been helpful and potentially answered some of your questions about punting this summer. We are looking forward to welcoming you onboard, and as always we would like to hear your about your experience on either Google or TripAdvisor. And lastly, we love to take a sneak peek of your time punting with us online. So, go ahead, share your experience on your social media platforms and don’t forget to tag us!
Private Punting CambridgeFrom: £50.00
Chauffeured Punting CambridgeFrom: £5.00
Distanced Shared Punting TourFrom: £30.00
Punting Gift Voucher£99.00–£119.00
Hen Party Punting CambridgeFrom: £79.00
Punting for large groups
Corporate Event Punting
May Ball Fireworks Private Punt Tour£275.00
May Ball Firework PuntingFrom: £30.00
Evening Punting CambridgeFrom: £79.00
Romantic Punting for Two CambridgeFrom: £79.00
Winter Punting CambridgeFrom: £79.00
Mother’s Day Punting£99.00
Valentines Day PuntingFrom: £79.00